Fire destroys 5-bedroom apartment in Kumasi.
Fire destroyed a five-bedroom house at Fankyenebra in the Ashanti Region capital of Kumasi, displacing all the 13 occupants.
Though the cause of the fire was not immediately known, landlord Daniel Osei Owusu claims it started as a result of a fault in the main meter board of the house after power was restored on Sunday, May 10.
There were no reports of injury though the occupants claim loss of their belongings worth over thousands of Cedis.
The fire started around 5:00am, our reporter was told, and lasted a little over an hour before being extinguished.
Distress calls to the Ghana National Fire Service yielded results as the fire was extinguished within an hour. The fire spread to five other rooms as well as the kitchen.